Word of Mouth Storytelling Slam: “Bridges”
Thursday, October 4 • 7PM • This event is FREE!
On October 4, the Playhouse and The Ferry Market will present: Bridges, our first community story slam!
Prepare a five minutes story, based on the theme “bridges,” put your name in a hat and you could be one of ten people selected to tell your story onstage.
This first-time event is free and open to the community in celebration of the first anniversary of one of New Hope’s newest community spaces, The Ferry Market.
How to prepare/ participate:
- Prepare a five-minute story incorporating the theme, Bridges
- Stories on how you got from here to there; your experience
with complex dentistry; card game wins and losses; or that time you met Jeff and Beau– get it? Bridges. Any
- Stories are not to exceed five minutes and must be told not read- that’s right, no notes, no writing on your palm, no cue cards.
- Stories should have a beginning, middle and end.
Pro tip: know the first and last lines of your story.
- Storytellers arrive with a 5 min story and put their names into a hat 30 mins before…
- The slam starts, the host picks a name, first storyteller tells a story
- After each story, three groups of judges give a score based on:
- Is the story on theme?
- Was it five minutes or under?
- Was there a meaningful conflict and resolution?
At the end of slam, the storyteller with the highest score wins!
Get Slam Ready with a workshop! Click the link below to sign up for the class that will get you prepped for the slam:
(Class is not required to participate in the slam.)