Word of Mouth Storytelling Slam: “Bridges”
Friday, October 19 • 7PM ($5–Cash only at the door)
On October 19, the Playhouse will present: “Bridges,” our first community story slam!
Prepare a five minutes story, based on the theme “Bridges,” put your name in a hat and you could be one of ten people selected to tell your story onstage.
How to prepare/ participate:
- Prepare a five-minute story incorporating the theme, Bridges
- Stories on how you got from here to there; your experience
with complex dentistry; card game wins and losses; or that time you met Jeff and Beau– get it?
- Stories are not to exceed five minutes and must be told not read- that’s right, no notes, no writing on your palm, no cue cards.
- Stories should have a beginning, middle and end.
Pro tip: know the first and last lines of your story.
- Storytellers arrive with a 5 minute story and put their names into a hat 30 minutes before…
- The slam starts, the host picks a name, first storyteller tells a story
- After each story, three groups of judges give a score based on:
- Is the story on theme?
- Was it five minutes or under?
- Was there a meaningful conflict and resolution?
At the end of slam, the storyteller with the highest score wins!