Word of Mouth Storytelling Slam: “Weather”
Friday, March 6 • 7PM ($5–Cash only at the door)
Prepare a five minutes story, based on the theme “Weather,” put your name
in a hat and you could be one of ten people selected to tell your story on stage!
How to prepare/participate . . .
- Let neither sleet, nor snow, nor cold, or gloom of night stay these raconteurs from
preparing a five-minute story about everyone’s favorite small-talk: the weather.
Did it rain on your parade? Melt the soles of your shoes? Or yield an unexpected rainbow?
Tell us how Mother Nature made your day a heaven or a hell.
- Stories must be told not read-that’s right, no notes, no writing on your palm, no cue cards.
- Arrive at the slam 30 minutes before the start time to put your name in the hat.
- Once the slam starts, the host picks a name and the first storyteller tells a story.
- After each story, judges give scores based on these questions:
- Is the story on theme?
- Was it five minutes or under?
- Was there a meaningful conflict and resolution?
- At the end of slam, the storyteller with the highest score wins!