Word of Mouth Storytelling Slam: “Work”
Friday, February 1 • 7PM ($5–Cash only at the door)
Prepare a five minutes story, based on the theme “Work,” put your name
in a hat and you could be one of ten people selected to tell your story on stage!
How to prepare/participate . . .
- Prepare a five minute story about what occupies your day, pays the bills and keeps you off the streets.
Be it a drudgery, a calling, a dream-job, a place to clock-in 40 hours a week, or a task that turned out
to be much more than you bargained for, we want to hear all about how you are making it work.
- Stories must be told not read-that’s right, no notes, no writing on your palm, no cue cards.
- Arrive at the slam 30 minutes before the start time to put your name in the hat.
- Once the slam starts, the host picks a name and the first storyteller tells a story.
- After each story, judges give scores based on these questions:
- Is the story on theme?
- Was it five minutes or under?
- Was there a meaningful conflict and resolution?
- At the end of slam, the storyteller with the highest score wins!