Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of an Associate House Manager. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
Reporting to the House Manager, the Associate House Manager plays a vital role in ensuring smooth front of house operations as well as a pleasant experience for patrons of the theater. This is a forward-facing position that requires a professional demeanor, grace under pressure, and great attention to detail. This position is hourly and requires nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assists House Manager with preparing the house for performances including checking facilities are stocked and in working order, stuffing and preparing playbills, and setting up ticket scanners
- Delegates to and oversees volunteer and staff ushers as needed
- Tends to theater patron needs before, during, and after performances including scanning tickets, assisting patrons to their seats, coordinating traffic flow in the house, lobby, and attached restaurant, monitoring patrons during the performances, assisting patrons who use mobility assistive devices
- Relay relevant information to House Manager about the patron experience after each performance
- Intervenes disruptive or potentially hazardous patron activity (ie physically intoxicated patrons)
- Assists with occasional volunteer training sessions
- Serves as Manager-On-Duty when House Manager is not in, on performance days
- Opportunity for occasional light office work on non-performance days, when needed
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisors
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in customer service or sales
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Weekend and evening availability
- The ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- The ability to be on your feet for 4+ hours
- A plus if you enjoy theater or live performances
Status & Compensation: Hourly; Nights and weekend schedule based around performance schedule; up to $20 per hour; Employee discounts available. Potential to become a full-time salaried position with benefits offered.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to email@example.com. Include “Associate House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.