The Deck Restaurant and Bar seeks a Bar Manager for its single unit, high volume restaurant. The restaurant serves as a complement to Bucks County Playhouse and also functions as a stand-alone restaurant. Bucks County Playhouse/The Deck is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
Status & Compensation: This is a full-time exempt position; Nights and weekend schedule required; Health, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and other benefits available. Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Employee discounts also offered.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of bartenders and barbacks. This will include hiring, training, arranging, and implementing RAMP and ServSafe certification, coaching, counseling, and general supervision.
- Implement onboarding in conjunction with all management staff.
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding the service of alcohol and licensing as well as food trends.
- Understand allowable COGs standards and follow these standards.
- Create weekly schedule for all outlets of operation within forecasted labor budget, approve requests for days off, determine shift changes, submit bi-weekly payroll to Director of Restaurant Operations and Finance Director
- Oversee that all opening and closing duties of the bars are completed correctly and that cleanliness/hygiene and maintenance is completed
- Oversee the bar displays and tabletops to maximize functionality and attractiveness.
- Balance all daily and nightly cash drawers and POS, collect overdue tabs from customers, and ensure proper cash management, readying cash bags/drawers for next-day opening operations & nightly deposits.
- Be present and assist during busy times, being aware of each outlet’s needs.
- Stay current on the latest food and beverage trends; create exciting and profitable beverages and encourage all staff in creativity and accuracy of pours.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of products to meet set standards.
- Monitor all stock and wares; maintain pars; become the liaison with suppliers and sales representatives; purchase all supplies on best possible terms and prices; make certain that all goods are checked in correctly and documentation is correct;
- Check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce waste; administer and review the monthly inventory of all goods and supplies before submitting to the Director of Restaurant Operations and Finance Director on time.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests; interact with regular customers and personalize service; train staff to have superb customer service; show excellent leadership to staff by example; make sure customers leave the restaurant happy and on time for shows.
- Proactively handle any guest complaints and/or issues. Have resources readily available, and train staff on, cab/car service for visibly impaired customers.
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Training, practicing, and enforcing all policies and procedures of Bucks County Playhouse and The Deck Restaurant & Bar.
- Collaborate with management in choosing beverage selections.
- Assist in pricing and staffing for special events working within clients’ budgets.
- Be available for VIP events.
- Work closely with Chef and Front of House Manager to provide a seamless guest experience and a pleasant work environment.
- Assist Front of House Manager with developing beverage demonstrations and promotional activities to maximize hours of operation, sales, revenue, and guest experiences.
- Develop and maintain community and vendor relationships.
- Obtain promotional/pricing support, enhancing the experience and quality of service for guests.
- Stay within parameters of given budgets and participate in creation of forecasted budgets, showing the progression of growth.
- Consistently represent The Deck Restaurant & Bar/ Bucks County Playhouse in appearance, attitude, ethics, and professionalism while instilling teamwork and cohesion.
- 2+ years of relevant bar management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Complete knowledge of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including but not limited to wines, beers, mixed drinks, proper measurements, and techniques.
- Knowledge of food including taste, presentation, and preparation techniques.
- Ability to work well within a team and promote team management and professionalism.
- Capable of multitasking, be detail-focused, work independently and adhere to strict timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Excel.
- High standard of personal hygiene and personal appearance representative of the business.
- Ability to be on your feet for several hours at a time, carry heavy items, and be in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Flexibility with schedule to business needs.
- Experience using POS systems. Toast POS is preferred but not necessary.
- ServSafe certification and RAMP alcohol certification.
- Must pass a background check.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to email@example.com. Include “Bar Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.