In order to provide our patrons and staff the safest and most enjoyable experience possible, Playhouse social distancing procedures will be in effect until further notice. Policies will continue to evolve as directed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the CDC.
MASK REQUIREMENT • For the safety of our patrons, staff and performers, everyone must wear a mask at all times while on Playhouse property: in all theatre areas and restrooms, in the outside courtyard and queueing areas. Masks must be worn for the duration of the performance and while entering/exiting the theater.
NO ONSITE/CASH SALES • In an attempt to limit high-contact touch points, there will be no onsite or cash sales. Patrons wishing to purchase tickets immediately prior to a performance can access a QR Code at the theatre for direct access to purchase tickets on their smart device.
ONLINE PURCHASES • For the immediate future, all seat locations will be assigned by the Playhouse — patrons cannot choose their seats online. This allows us to seat all patrons with proper social distancing while also accommodating family groups greater than two (2).
OUTDOOR QUEUEING • In order to allow for a socially distant pre-show experience, tickets will be scanned outside of the theatre at your designated entry time. Patrons are asked to remain socially distant prior to entering the theater.
FOOD/DRINK IN THEATER • Until further notice, food and beverage will not be permitted inside the theatre. Patrons are encouraged to enjoy a bite and a cocktail at The Deck prior to the performance.
PROGRAMS • If an event has a program, you will be directed to a link where you can download it electronically.
SANITATION • Before each performance, Bella Commercial Services will apply a disinfectant mist to the entire house. The mist is 100% safe, non-toxic, and deemed effective against SARS-COV2 by the EPA. Playhouse staff will routinely disinfect all high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
HVAC • The Playhouse auditorium has two dedicated HVAC systems; each system is equipped with hospital-grade MERV-15 air filters. The Playhouse Lobby has its own separate HVAC system. There are three separate systems backstage: the stage itself, the first floor dressing rooms and the second dressing rooms. Therefore, the air from the auditorium, the lobby and stage and backstage are not circulated together.
ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES • Assistant Listening Devices will still remain available for our patrons. However, we are adopting a BYOE or “Bring Your Own Earbuds” policy to ensure proper precaution. Please bring a pair of standard wired (NOT wireless) headphones and our Front-of-House Staff will be happy to provide you with a device.
HAND SANITIZER • Contactless Hand Sanitizer stations have been conveniently placed at key points in the theater for continued disinfecting and cleanliness.
TEMPERATURE • All staff of the Bucks County Playhouse and Deck Restaurant will have their temperature checked upon arrival. If an employee has a temperature of over 100.4 degrees or higher, they will be asked to return home, per the recommendation of the CDC. All employee temperatures will be recorded and logged daily.
BACK STAGE PRECAUTIONS • Bucks County Playhouse has developed rigorous regulations to protect those working backstage, including virus testing, mask requirements for all personnel backstage, frequent cleaning, and no public access. Performers will not greet audience members following the performance. As new information regarding the spread of COVID-19 becomes available each day, the Playhouse is committed to adapting our policies and procedures to keep all who enter our doors safe.
SOCIALLY DISTANCED SEATING • The majority of Playhouse’s seats will remain unsold and inaccessible with an appropriate number of vacant seats between each party to avoid close contact with other patrons in the theater. Seating locations in grey have been made inaccessible or removed. Note: This is a base seating map, and the Playhouse reserves the right to adjust seating and actual seated locations to accommodate family groups and single ticket buyers while still adhering to all recommended social distancing guidelines.
Several rows have been strategically removed to allow for navigating through the theater in a more open, distanced environment. (see below)
Our minimum guidelines for cast, crew, and other show staff listed below include:
- Any cast and crew members experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or reports having had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within the 14 days prior to our event) will not be permitted in the building. See SYMPTOMS section below.
- All cast and crew members must enter through the Playhouse artist entrance.
- All backstage areas – including the green room and dressing rooms – will be cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Playhouse managers will check temperatures of all cast and crew members entering the building prior to each rehearsal and performance.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless actors are on stage or in a rehearsal situation where it is appropriate. Crew members must wear masks during all performances.
- The Playhouse has hand sanitizer locations throughout the backstage areas and dressing rooms.
- Crew headsets will be assigned and must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Cast members will use assigned microphones, which must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Actors will each have their own dressing room.
- All cast and crew members, as well as all administrative staff present in the rehearsal room or backstage shall be administered a COVID-19 test prior to the first day of rehearsals, as well as prior to the first performance. Once the results are received, employees are expected to maintain all recommended social distancing practices.
- Set pieces and props will be sanitized following every performance. No edible props will be permitted. As during normal rehearsals and performances, props should only be handled by the cast member using it.
- Cast and crew members may not be in the lobby, except for sound and light personnel going directly to their work stations or for cast members making entrances or exits during performances. Cast members will be asked not to greet patrons following performances.
- No visitors, including family members, are permitted backstage.
Stage managers will enforce all guidelines for cast and crew members.
Cast and crew members, staff, and patrons must not have any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19