Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Facilities Assistant. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theatres on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP produces a six to nine show season, featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its 2-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck.
Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
The Facilities Assistant reports to the Facilities Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires flexibility in schedule, including nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Facilities Supervisor (FS) in the daily operation, maintenance, and presentation of Bucks County Playhouse – theatre, grounds, venues, and administrative offices
- Basic building and grounds maintenance, including repair and replacement of fixtures as needed
- Assist in the day-to-day upkeep and maintenance of the Deck Restaurant & Bar. Including but not limited to kitchen equipment maintenance, pest control, minor electrical repairs, access control, vendor access, and supplies upkeep
- Respond to and resolve staff maintenance requests as they are received
- Provide a clean, safe, and welcoming facility for patrons and staff
- Knowledge of building/facility management
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, gardening, and paint skills
- Experience with HVAC, Life Safety systems, Plumbing, Kitchen equipment, etc.
- Lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Work comfortably at heights on lifts and ladders
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Theater and/or restaurant experience a plus
To apply: Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to email@example.com. Include “Facilities Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.