Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Facilities Manager. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, the Parry Barn, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
The Facilities Manager reports to the Director of Production and Facilities. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires flexibility in schedule, including nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement a prioritized plan for the upkeep, preventative maintenance, and improvement of all Playhouse facilities including, but not limited to:
- Theater, lobby, backstage and box office areas
- Parry Barn, a stone barn on the Playhouse campus built in 1790 which will be utilized as a multi-faceted events space.
- Administrative Offices
- The Deck, a 170-seat restaurant adjacent to the Playhouse.
- Lambertville Hall, the former First Baptist Church of Lambertville now home to the Playhouse’s Education programs
- Actor and creative housing
- Oversee the exterior operation, maintenance and presentation of the Playhouse and its campus.
- Serve at the direct point of contact for the Playhouse’s third-party IT provider and facilitate day-to-day IT support for Playhouse staff.
- Oversee the departmental staff, including Facilities Supervisor, and Facilities Assistant and recruit, hire, train new staff as necessary.
- Manage the BCP security systems, including access control, security, fire, and life safety. Liaise with vendor representatives as needed.
- Schedule and oversee all vendors including, but not limited to: commercial cleaning company, security, pest control, grounds keeping, snow removal, and kitchen maintenance
- In consultation with Director of Production and Facilities, create and maintain the annual facilities budget, as it pertains to the institutional operating budget. Track all departmental expenditures.
- Oversee the scheduling of all facilities inspections, and ensure that records are up-to-date and in accordance with state and local codes.
- Maintain a safe, inclusive working environment in accordance with the Playhouse’s commitment to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment.
- 5+ years in a facilities or operations management position
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of building/facility management
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow through in a prompt and efficient manner
- Effective communicator when interacting with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to reach goals and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong work ethic both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of IT operations a plus
Status & Compensation:
Full-time; Partial nights and weekend schedule; $55,000 annually; Health benefits available, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Facilities Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.