Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Facilities Supervisor. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theatres on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP produces a six to nine show season, featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its 2-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck.
Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
The Facilities Supervisor reports to the Director of Production & Facilities and plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Playhouse, The Deck Restaurant, and the entire BCP campus. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires flexibility in schedule.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- In conjunction with the Director of Production and Facilities (DoPF), the Facilities Supervisor is responsible for interior and exterior operation, maintenance and presentation of Bucks County Playhouse – theatre, grounds, venues and administrative offices.
- Perform ongoing daily, weekly, and monthly building(s) inspections to identify necessary repairs
- Supervise Facilities Assistant
- Responsible for the Deck Restaurant & Bar venue and equipment, including but not limited to kitchen equipment maintenance, pest control, minor electrical repairs, access control, vendor access, and supplies upkeep
- Provide constant attention to life safety issues. Ensure building emergency and fire safety systems are operational via in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts
- Inspect and provide direction and communication to janitorial service provider, regarding cleaning issues that do not meet BCP standards
- Perform repairs and minor construction, as needed (carpentry, electrical, plumbing)
- Report all facility issues that are not immediately repairable to the DoPF
- Assist DoPF in managing all ongoing trade relationships and annual service contracts
- Work with DoPF to ensure all staff members support an environment that is clean, safe and in good repair for both staff and guests.
- Minimum 3 years of professional facility/building management
- Experience with HVAC, Life Safety systems, Plumbing, Kitchen equipment, etc.
- Lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- A positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Theater and/or restaurant experience a plus
To apply: Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Facilities Supervisor” in the subject line. No phone calls please.