About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the House Manager is focused on the day-of patron experience. It includes the supervision of all Front of House management; interaction with bar and restaurant; troubleshooting problems and serving as official Manager on Duty until the end of each performance day. The job also includes supervising all theater front of house operations (including the Associate House Managers and Ushers), coordination and training of all volunteers. The House Manager works with the marketing team and Sales Manager to coordinate cross-training, distribution of marketing materials and implementing in-theater marketing experiences that will encourage repeat business and patron loyalty.
- Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, and work independently as well as with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing others
- Positive attitude, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in an ever-evolving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with sales databases preferred
- Prior theatre House Management experience preferred
Full-time salaried position with benefits. Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to email@example.com. Include “House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.