Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Props Supervisor. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and a full restaurant/bar. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
The Props Supervisor is an essential member of the BCP production team, collaborating closely with designers, production team members, visiting artists, and the Director of Production to ensure that all projects produced and presented at BCP are executed to the highest possible standard.
The Props Supervisor is responsible for the fabrication, organization, and maintenance of props for all BCP productions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a safe, fair, and ethical working environment.
- Work with design teams, production staff, and outside vendors in the procurement of all properties and furniture for all shows, including rentals, returns, and fabrication.
- Ensure the upkeep and repair of all properties and consumables for the run of show.
- Track all props expenses and purchases.
- Establish and maintain an organized props/furniture inventory.
- Coordinate transportation of rehearsal props between rehearsal spaces in New York City and performance space in New Hope, PA.
- Supervise overhire properties artists as needed.
- Attend production meetings and designer run-throughs.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Production and Facilities.
- 3 years minimum experience in properties or related position.
- Able to read and create detailed paperwork.
- Diverse set of fabrication techniques
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with actors, designers, stage management, and colleagues.
- Experience operating cargo van, box truck, or similar vehicle
Status & Schedule: Full-time exempt; Partial nights and weekend schedule required with performances; Health benefits, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, and employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Props Supervisor” in the subject line. No phone calls please.