Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a full-time Sales Associate. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
As Sales Associate, you will assist the Sales Manager in all aspects of group sales and work as a sales associate with the rest of the box office team.
In this position, the Sales Associate would not only meet groups at the playhouse, but also will perform follow-up sales calls to current clients; rebook current groups and follow their sales process through invoice to ticketing to completion. The Sales Associate collaborates on the Playhouse Plus program and may be called up on to assist in following up with current Playbill advertisers. The Sales Associate assists in special events planned with our business partners.
As part of the initial contact team for patrons interested in Bucks County Playhouse events, the Sales Associate will perform duties as a box office sales associate and participate in call campaigns as directed by the Sales Manager. You must be comfortable with reaching out into the community to find new patrons to be part of the Playhouse’s growing subscription base. You also will be responsible for assisting customers in completing in-coming ticket sales (online and over the phone) and informing them of Playhouse events and programs. You will generate revenue and excitement as you work with patrons to elevate their status to subscriber and loyalist to Bucks County Playhouse. You will actively cultivate sales leads, complete required daily outbound calls and help to create a subscription/sales culture at the Playhouse. This position reports to the Sales Manager and is part of the Marketing and Sales Department.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
· Assist the Sales Manager in all functions of our group sales program
· Rebook current group and follow their sales process through invoice to ticketing to completion
· Meet and greet visiting groups at the Playhouse and coordinate their visit with the group leader from start to finish
· Reach out and find new patrons and ticket buyers for the Bucks County Playhouse
· Initiate new outbound and follow-up calls and persuade patrons to complete and upgrade/enhance their purchase
· Develop sales leads by taking a proactive approach to all sales
· Develop exceptional knowledge about the Playhouse and enjoy sharing that knowledge with patrons as a brand ambassador
· Answer questions about BCP events, add-ons, and resolve any customer service barriers or issues in a positive a knowledgeable way
· Assist customers with any technical issues experienced with website and move the customer towards completing a ticket sale
· Perform basic account maintenance activities in the Box Office/CRM programs and databases
· Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics
· Meet weekly and monthly sales goals
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Highly enthusiastic, positive minded and detail oriented
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
• Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
• Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
• Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills
• Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
• Previous telesales experience a plus
Status & Compensation: Full-time exempt; Occasional nights and weekends; Salary range $35,000-$40,000 commensurate with experience; Health benefits available, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Sales Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.