By purchasing a ticket you acknowledge the following:
(For performances after September 5, 2021)
MASKS REQUIRED • All guests must wear a properly fitting mask over the nose and mouth in the theatre except when eating or drinking in designated areas.
VACCINATIONS REQUIRED • All guests must be fully vaccinated to enter the theatre and must present digital or physical proof at the door.
PHOTO ID • Guests ages 18 and older must present a valid government-issued photo ID. Guests under 18 may also show a school ID, birth certificate or social security card (Photo is not required). Guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who meets the above requirements.
CHILDREN UNDER 12 • and people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination may show proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Guests who do not comply with these policies will be denied entry to the theater.
If you are feeling sick, we encourage you NOT to attend the performance and to call the Box Office to reschedule your tickets for a later date. If you have questions about the new policy, please call the box office at 215.862.2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer and Waiver
The novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), commonly known as COVID-19, is a highly contagious disease declared to be a global pandemic. No one is immune, and some older adults and people with underlying medical conditions may be at a higher risk. COVID-19 is spread by coming into close contact with a person who has the disease or touching a surface that has been contaminated from respiratory droplets spread when an infected person coughs, sneezes, breathes, or talks.
COVID-19 may result in injury, illness, permanent disability, or death. You may be at an increased risk of contracting COVID-19 by traveling to, patronizing, or being in areas or businesses used by other people. Although Bucks County Playhouse and The Deck Restaurant and Bar are following CDC and public health guidelines with regard to cleaning, disinfecting and social distancing, you are personally responsible for your own safety, decisions and actions while patronizing or being present at our businesses.
You are voluntarily and knowingly assuming the risk that you may become infected by COVID-19 and you fully release, waive and discharge Bucks County Playhouse and The Deck Restaurant and Bar from any and all liability associated with such risk.
In order to provide our patrons and staff the safest and most enjoyable experience possible, Playhouse social distancing procedures will be in effect throughout the 2021 season. Policies will continue to evolve as directed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the CDC.
MASK REQUIREMENT • Masks are required for all patrons and employees.
We feel that public health is all our responsibility, so our staff will continue to wear masks in public areas. If you are feeling sick, we encourage you NOT to attend the performance and to call the Box Office to reschedule your tickets for a later date. If you have questions about the new policy, please call the box office at 215.862.2121 or email email@example.com.
NO ONSITE/CASH SALES • In an attempt to limit high-contact touch points, there will be no cash sales. Patrons wishing to purchase tickets at the box office prior to a performance will required to purchase with a credit or debit card.
SANITATION • Before each performance, Bella Commercial Services will apply a disinfectant mist to the entire house. The mist is 100% safe, non-toxic, and deemed effective against SARS-COV2 by the EPA. Playhouse staff will routinely disinfect all high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
HVAC • The Playhouse auditorium has two dedicated HVAC systems; each system is equipped with hospital-grade MERV-15 air filters. The Playhouse Lobby has its own separate HVAC system. There are three separate systems backstage: the stage itself, the first floor dressing rooms and the second dressing rooms. Therefore, the air from the auditorium, the lobby and stage and backstage are not circulated together.
ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES • Assistant Listening Devices will still remain available for our patrons. However, we are adopting a BYOE or “Bring Your Own Earbuds” policy to ensure proper precaution. Please bring a pair of standard wired (NOT wireless) headphones and our Front-of-House Staff will be happy to provide you with a device.
HAND SANITIZER • Contactless Hand Sanitizer stations have been conveniently placed at key points in the theater for continued disinfecting and cleanliness.
BACK STAGE PRECAUTIONS • Bucks County Playhouse has developed rigorous regulations to protect those working backstage. Please see the precautions listed below.
SOCIALLY DISTANCED SEATING • While we are currently offering all seats in the theater available for purchase, some socially distanced options are available. A few rows will continue to be strategically removed to allow for navigating through the theater in a more open, distanced environment.
We continue to listen, learn and evolve to keep our Playhouse a comfortable and safe environment for our patrons, artists and staff. Our most recent COVID-19 policies will be updated and posted to our website regularly. Please check our website prior to your event date for the most up-to-date information.
As a member of the NJ Theater Alliance, Bucks County Playhouse is participating in the Opening Night, Opening Right Campaign. For more information, please click here.
Our minimum guidelines for cast, crew, and other show staff listed below include:
- Any cast and crew members experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or reports having had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (within the 14 days prior to our event) will not be permitted in the building. See SYMPTOMS section below.
- All cast and crew members must enter through the Playhouse artist entrance.
- All backstage areas – including the green room and dressing rooms – will be cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Playhouse managers will check temperatures of all cast and crew members entering the building prior to each rehearsal and performance.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless actors are on stage or in a rehearsal situation where it is appropriate. Crew members must wear masks during all performances.
- The Playhouse has hand sanitizer locations throughout the backstage areas and dressing rooms.
- Crew headsets will be assigned and must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Cast members will use assigned microphones, which must be sanitized and stored in assigned containers when not in use.
- Actors will each have their own dressing room.
- All cast and crew members, as well as all administrative staff present in the rehearsal room or backstage shall be administered a COVID-19 test prior to the first day of rehearsals, as well as prior to the first performance. Once the results are received, employees are expected to maintain all recommended social distancing practices.
- Set pieces and props will be sanitized following every performance. No edible props will be permitted. As during normal rehearsals and performances, props should only be handled by the cast member using it.
- Cast and crew members may not be in the lobby, except for sound and light personnel going directly to their work stations or for cast members making entrances or exits during performances. Cast members will be asked not to greet patrons following performances.
- No visitors, including family members, are permitted backstage.
Stage managers will enforce all guidelines for cast and crew members.
Cast and crew members, staff, and patrons must not have any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to