Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Wardrobe Supervisor. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and a full restaurant/bar. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
The Wardrobe Supervisor is an essential member of the BCP production team, collaborating closely with designers, production team members, visiting artists, and the Director of Production to ensure that all projects produced and presented at BCP are executed to the highest possible standard.
The Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible for the costume maintenance, preshow, and post-show needs for all BCP productions and presentations. The position works intimately with the acting ensemble; as such, they should be able to handle issues with discretion, prioritize privacy, and value creating a comfortable work environment. When not in performance, the Wardrobe Supervisor maintains the costume shop and inventory. Duties assigned will align with the skills of the Wardrobe Supervisor, and may include stitching, hair, makeup, or other tasks.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a safe, fair, and ethical working environment.
- Serve as Wardrobe and Wig Supervisor for all productions, presentations, and visiting artist performances.
- Maintain and clean costumes and wigs during all production runs, addressing and repairing any reported costume issues.
- Attend all production meetings and designer run throughs.
- Organize and maintain wardrobe spaces including: wardrobe room, costume and wig storage, dressing rooms, quick change booths, and other backstage storage areas.
- Construct or alter costume pieces as needed.
- Track all wardrobe expenses and purchases.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Production and Facilities.
- 3 years minimum experience in wardrobe or related position.
- Strong knowledge base of wardrobe maintenance and laundry with some experience styling and maintaining wigs.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with actors and colleagues.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Able to read and create detailed paperwork.
- Leading with a sense of humor and kindness
Status & Schedule: Full-time exempt; Partial nights and weekend schedule required with performances; Health benefits, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, and employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Wardrobe Supervisor” in the subject line. No phone calls please.