The Bucks County Playhouse offers employment in its administrative offices, box office, front of house and elsewhere on the grounds. Please check back on this page to see current job openings, or send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bucks County Playhouse, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, inspires, entertains, and engages audiences with professional theatrical productions of new and classic plays and musicals featuring leading artists from stage and film. We provide innovative arts education and community programs that celebrate the performing arts.
Located between Philadelphia and New York, Bucks County Playhouse opened in 1939 in a converted 1790 gristmill after a group of community activists, led by Broadway orchestrator Don Walker and playwright Moss Hart, rallied to save the building. The Playhouse quickly became one of the country’s most famous regional theaters, featuring a roster of American theatrical royalty, and remained in continuous operation until December 2010. In 2012, the Playhouse re-opened thanks to the efforts of the Bridge Street Foundation, the nonprofit family foundation of Kevin and Sherri Daugherty, and Broadway producer Jed Bernstein. In January 2014, Broadway producers Alexander Fraser and Robyn Goodman assumed the leadership roles of Producing Director and Executive Producer, respectively.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Load in/Load Out & Run Crew
Interested in working backstage? Bucks County Playhouse is continuously seeking theater technicians and artists to add to our over hire crew. BCP hosts a wide variety of shows and events. Crew needs will vary and include, but are not limited to: sound, lighting, wardrobe, carpentry, properties, painting, rigging, video, run crew, and stage management. Over hire crew members are expected to be knowledgeable in the department they are working, be flexible working with other departments as needed, and adhere to safety guidelines.
Please contact Tom Watson, Technical Director, email@example.com.
Associate House Manager
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a part-time Associate House Manager. Reporting to the House Manager, the Associate House Manager plays a vital role in the Front of House operations of the theater and producing organization.
Associate House Manager Duties:
- Reporting to the House Manager
- Assisting House Manager with wheelchair seating removal/installation as needed
- Making sure the baskets in the house are full with programs
- Receiving a list of Volunteer ushers for that performance
- Performing any necessary preparations for coat check
- Inspecting ALDs and insure they are all in working order
- Training new volunteers using the” head usher training guide”
- Ensuring the comfort and contentedness of patrons in the house.
- Patron Hospitality
- Cover for House Manager whenever necessary
House Manager Duties:
- Preparing the house for patrons. Includes checking house and restrooms for supplies and cleanliness, reviewing the performance seating book, prepping materials for ushers (nametags and program inserts), etc.
- Overseeing the volunteer and staffed ushers, which includes training and supervision, prepping assignments and materials during each shift
- Ensuring the house opens on time and providing patrons with countdown warnings at appropriate intervals
- Being attentive, anticipating patron needs, and being available in the lobby and/or house to assist with any questions or concerns
- Communicating with Stage Manager for opening house, coordination on pre-show curtain speech and starting each act within a suitable time frame
- Serving as acting manager-on-duty when performance begins for box office when Box Office Management or Sales Supervisor is not present
- Maintaining communication with Concessions Management before, during and after each performance
- Coordinating with our valet service at the start and end of each shift
- Completing and submitting daily HM report
- Locking up at end of day as needed (checklist available)
- Strong social skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- The ability to be flexible under pressure
- Top level customer service and sales experience a must
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Tessitura is a plus
- Love of theater a must!
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Associate House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This is a part-time nonexempt position. Nights and weekends required. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No available positions at this time.