The Bucks County Playhouse offers employment in its administrative offices, box office, front of house and elsewhere on the grounds. Please check back on this page to see current job openings, or send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bucks County Playhouse, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, inspires, entertains, and engages audiences with professional theatrical productions of new and classic plays and musicals featuring leading artists from stage and film. We provide innovative arts education and community programs that celebrate the performing arts.
Located between Philadelphia and New York, Bucks County Playhouse opened in 1939 in a converted 1790 gristmill after a group of community activists, led by Broadway orchestrator Don Walker and playwright Moss Hart, rallied to save the building. The Playhouse quickly became one of the country’s most famous regional theaters, featuring a roster of American theatrical royalty, and remained in continuous operation until December 2010. In 2012, the Playhouse re-opened thanks to the efforts of the Bridge Street Foundation, the nonprofit family foundation of Kevin and Sherri Daugherty, and Broadway producer Jed Bernstein. In January 2014, Broadway producers Alexander Fraser and Robyn Goodman assumed the leadership roles of Producing Director and Executive Producer, respectively.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Load in/Load Out & Run Crew
Interested in working backstage? Bucks County Playhouse is continuously seeking theater technicians and artists to add to our over hire crew. BCP hosts a wide variety of shows and events. Crew needs will vary and include, but are not limited to: sound, lighting, wardrobe, carpentry, properties, painting, rigging, video, run crew, and stage management. Over hire crew members are expected to be knowledgeable in the department they are working, be flexible working with other departments as needed, and adhere to safety guidelines.
Please contact Tom Watson, Technical Director, email@example.com.
Associate General Manager
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of an Associate General Manager. BCP offers the opportunity to work alongside Tony Award-winning producers Alexander Fraser (Producing Director) and Robyn Goodman (Executive Producer), as well as some of the country’s leading directors, choreographers, designers and actors in this year-round producing organization.
About the Position
Reporting to the General Manager, the Associate General Manager plays a vital role in the day to day operations of the theater and producing organization. This is a demanding position that requires a driven and passionate professional with razor sharp focus and an innate ability/desire to wear multiple hats. The aptitude to both lead and follow, and know when both are appropriate, is essential, as is the ability to establish a healthy life/work balance. This position is full-time and requires some nights and weekends during productions.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Negotiate & execute artist contracts for all productions)
- Maintain relationships with artists, agents, managers and bookers
- Maintain union relationships (AEA, SDC, USA)
- Process production invoices, weekly payroll, artist fees, and royalties payments
- Create and track production and event budgets
- Assist in the creation of the annual operating budget
- Process show settlements and Box Office reporting
- Maintain management and production files
- Supervise Company Manager, Management Assistant and Management Interns
- When requested, represent General Management at production meetings, rehearsals, tech, and performances
- Maintain season planning calendars
- Coordinate between, and provide support for, Production, Company Management, Marketing, Education, Development, and Bar/Concessions
- Serve as primary liaison in attending to the needs and requirements of visiting artists
- Assist the General Management team with contracts, ticket requests and auditions
- With Company Manager, arrange company housing and travel, and assist with to day to day housing and transportation needs as requested
- Act as Company Manager during Company Manager’s absence
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in company management, production, theater administration, or a combination thereof
- Knowledge of Unions – AEA, SDC, USA
- Experience with creating and maintaining budgets
- Motivated, self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to simultaneously focus on the Micro and the Macro
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with working under LORT or COST (CORTS or RMTA acceptable)
- PC and Microsoft Office Suite; Excel proficiency required
- Patron Manager, Sage, Quickbooks and Paychex experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirement range, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Associate General Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No available positions at this time.