The Bucks County Playhouse offers employment in its administrative offices, box office, front of house and elsewhere on the grounds. Please check back on this page to see current job openings, or send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Bucks County Playhouse, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, inspires, entertains, and engages audiences with professional theatrical productions of new and classic plays and musicals featuring leading artists from stage and film. We provide innovative arts education and community programs that celebrate the performing arts.
Located between Philadelphia and New York, Bucks County Playhouse opened in 1939 in a converted 1790 gristmill after a group of community activists, led by Broadway orchestrator Don Walker and playwright Moss Hart, rallied to save the building. The Playhouse quickly became one of the country’s most famous regional theaters, featuring a roster of American theatrical royalty, and remained in continuous operation until December 2010. In 2012, the Playhouse re-opened thanks to the efforts of the Bridge Street Foundation, the nonprofit family foundation of Kevin and Sherri Daugherty, and Broadway producer Jed Bernstein. In January 2014, Broadway producers Alexander Fraser and Robyn Goodman assumed the leadership roles of Producing Director and Executive Producer, respectively.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Bucks County Playhouse is in search of a Marketing Manager. This position will work closely with the Director of Marketing on all marketing efforts.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Season/Show specific marketing, advertising and promotions including:
- Media and marketing budget planning (print, online, radio, etc.)
- Promotional event coordination
- Grassroots/Community marketing efforts including coordination of street teams, local collateral distribution, etc.
- Web and Social Media development
- Marketing consultation for all rentals and bookings at BCP & Lambertville Hall
- Coordination of the season subscription campaign including:
- Assist in planning, creation and implementation of the subscription campaign
- Increase sub renewals while cultivating new subscribers
- Enhance the value of subscription through specific offers, regular member communication, etc.
- Coordinate and execute all subscription eblasts and mailings in relation to all Playhouse programming
- Creates content for social media and eblasts
- Manages the creation of collateral materials and advertising
Those interested in applying should have 2-3 years marketing experience within the performing arts, a bachelor’s degree, advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, superior written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirement range, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is seeking Sales Associates to join a growing marketing and sales team at this thriving professional theater. As a Sales Associate, you will be part of the initial contact team for patrons interested in Bucks County Playhouse events. You must be comfortable with reaching out into the community to find new patrons to be part of the Playhouse’s growing subscription base. You also will be responsible for assisting customers in completing in-coming ticket sales (online and over the phone) and informing them of Playhouse events and programs. You will generate revenue and excitement as you work with patrons to elevate their status to subscriber and loyalist to Bucks County Playhouse. Associates will actively cultivate sales leads, complete required daily outbound calls and help to create a subscription/sales culture at the Playhouse. This is an entry-level full-time hourly position, reporting to the Sales Supervisor, and is part of the Marketing and Sales Department.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
- Reach out and find new patrons and ticket buyers for the Bucks County Playhouse
- Initiate new outbound and follow-up calls and persuade patrons to complete and upgrade/enhance their purchase
- Develop sales leads by taking a proactive approach to all sales
- Develop exceptional knowledge about the Playhouse and enjoy sharing that knowledge with patrons as a brand ambassador
- Answer questions about BCP events, add-ons, and resolve any customer service barriers or issues in a positive a knowledgeable way
- Assist customers with any technical issues experienced with website and move the customer towards completing a ticket sale
- Perform basic account maintenance activities in the Box Office/CRM programs and databases
- Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics
- Meet weekly and monthly sales goals
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly enthusiastic, positive minded and detail oriented
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Previous telesales experience a plus, but not required
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Include “Sales Associates” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Load in/Load Out & Run Crew
Interested in working backstage? Bucks County Playhouse is continuously seeking theater technicians and artists to add to our over hire crew. BCP hosts a wide variety of shows and events. Crew needs will vary and include, but are not limited to: sound, lighting, wardrobe, carpentry, properties, painting, rigging, video, run crew, and stage management. Over hire crew members are expected to be knowledgeable in the department they are working, be flexible working with other departments as needed, and adhere to safety guidelines. Please contact Tom Watson, Technical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Facilities Assistant. The Facilities Assistant, under the direction of the Facilities Manager, supports projects and regular maintenance of the historic theater, as well as several other off-site locations. This part-time position has consistent, but flexible hours and may move to full-time within the year.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Basic maintenance of building and grounds, including repair and replacement of fixtures as needed.
- Assisting in set up and/or breakdown of theater spaces and seating.
- Assuming responsibility for recurring, regularly scheduled maintenance issues.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and welcoming facility for patrons and staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, gardening and painting skills.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of IT, communication, and audio/visual hardware.
- Knowledge of safe working practices and material handling.
- Organizational skills to complete duties independently and efficiently.
- Willingness to develop skills and assume responsibilities.
- Experience in or appreciation for theater and the arts.
- Lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Work comfortably at heights on lifts and ladders.
- Work outdoors in all seasons.
- Sustain physical activity for an entire workday.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Laura@bcptheater.org. Include “Facilities Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Bucks County Playhouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
2018 Seasonal Trolley Driver
Bucks County Playhouse is seeking trolley drivers to work during performances to shuttle theater patrons and New Hope visitors around town during the 2018 season.
Position is part time, beginning primarily in May, 2018 with some possible shifts available before then. All applicants must have a current Class B CDL license with Passenger Endorsement with a good driving record. Shifts will run from 4 hours up to 10 hours depending on the day and will include weeknights and weekends. Number of shifts per week may vary from 1 to 8.
In addition to driving guests around New Hope, Drivers may be responsible for:
- Refueling (money provided by BCP)
- Tracking number of riders
- Knowing talking points about New Hope (provided by BCP)
- Collecting donations from riders
- Light cleaning/upkeep before and after each shift
- Recording and communicating any mechanical or other issues that arise during any shift
For consideration, applicants should be:
- Personable and outgoing
- Flexible working in a developing and growing environment
- Agreeable to a background check
Pay is $12/hour.
To apply, please send inquiry and resumes to Jobs@bcptheater.org.
Bucks County Playhouse seeks Production Interns for 2018-summer season. Internships are available in the following areas: carpentry, properties, electrics (2), sound, wardrobe, and wigs. Interns primarily serve as run crew for all BCP productions, other responsibilities include: participating in all load ins/outs, maintaining equipment, and organizing inventories. Good attitude and a willingness to learn are required. Prior experience in given field be it academic or professional is required. Contract dates run from mid-June to mid-August. Historic Bucks County Playhouse, located in beautiful New Hope, PA, is just 70 miles SW of NYC, and 40 miles NW of Philadelphia. Send letter, resume, and 3 references to Matthew Given, Director of Production at Matthewg@BCPTheater.org. For further information please visit www.bcptheater.org. EOE.