Bucks County Playhouse is proud to announce that our 2022 Playhouse Youth Company production will be ALiEN8 by Kate Brennan and David Lee White.
Auditions will take place Saturday, April 30 at Lambertville Hall, 57 Bridge Street Lambertville, NJ 08530:
- 10:00AM-11:30AM– Audition Slot 1
- 12:00PM-1:30PM- Audition Slot 2
- 2:00PM-3:30PM-Audition Slot 3
Auditions are by appointment only and space is limited. Walks up are not accepted.
Students must be ages 13-18 to audition.
TO MAKE AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT
Please email Ellen Gallos, Assistant Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student’s name and age
- Student’s email address
- Parent/guardian name
- Parent/guardian email address and phone number
- Which audition slot they would like to attend
PLEASE NOTE: Students will stay for the entire 1.5 hour time slot for auditions. If they are called back, they will also need to be attend the entire time from 1PM-4PM. If you have any conflicts, please let us know in advance when booking your appointment. We do not guarantee that we will be able to make accommodations for conflicts.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- A 1-minute contemporary monologue
- 16-32 bars of a musical theater song that represents your vocal ability
- Bring your sheet music. Your sheet music must be clearly marked with start and end and any specific notes for the pianist.
- A photo of yourself (headshot, school photo, or other accepted)
Callbacks will take place on Sunday, May 1 from 1:00PM-4:00PM at Lambertville Hall.
Students will be invited to callbacks the evening of Saturday, April 30, and we will share any materials they need to prepare at that time.
Callbacks are by invitation only.
The cast list will be shared with students and families as soon as it is available. Thank you in advance for your patience.
COVID POLICY AT AUDITIONS
- Masks required for everyone at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Students will be able to remove their mask during their audition.
- Students will be asked for proof of vaccination upon arrival.
- We will accept a paper vaccination card, a photocopy of your card, a photo of your card on your phone, a digital vaccine app (such as Excelsior or Docket), as well as other international vaccine records.
- Children under 12 and people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination may show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the date.
- Rapid antigen tests will NOT be accepted.
The Playhouse’s full COVID policy can be found here on our website: https://bcptheater.org/covid-19-precautions.
For more information about the Youth Company program or any questions about auditions, contact Ellen Gallos, Assistant Director of Education, at email@example.com or (267) 743-2199.
YOUTH COMPANY 2022 PROGRAM DATES*
- The program will begin July 5, 2022, and end August 7, 2022. Typically, rehearsals will be Monday through Friday from 10AM-5PM.
- There will be an orientation for students and families in late spring (Date TBA) prior to the start of the program.
- Performances will be at Bucks County Playhouse August 4- August 7, 2022.
*Attendance at all Youth Company rehearsals and events is required for students participating in the program.
In a small Midwestern town, a tornado touches down on prom night, leaving devastation in its wake—and a third of the town gone. Appearing amidst the rubble is a stranger—who identifies only as “8.” 8 communicates through a unique gestural language and begins to acquire English by reading novels like The Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies and The Grapes of Wrath. But when the students start to learn 8’s language, they threaten to unearth a dark secret that the town’s adults would rather keep buried. Past sins and future hopes collide in this musical about the parts of ourselves we alienate to get by—and the parts we risk for a chance to connect.
ABOUT THE PLAYHOUSE YOUTH COMPANY
Now in its 9th year, Playhouse Youth Company is a 5-week intensive training program for students with a serious interest in theater to receive valuable theatrical instruction from working Broadway artists. Bucks County Playhouse’s rigorous training program includes daily rehearsals for a professionally produced production; master classes with artists from the Playhouse’s main stage; and outreach performances throughout the region. In 2017, Playhouse Youth Company performed for more than 3,100 people on the Playhouse mainstage and in outreach performances at local libraries, museums, and festivals.
Young performers who earned a spot in the 2021 company participated in daily rehearsals while also attending guest workshops led by working theater professionals. Their work culminated in a fully produced production of Dream Awake, a high energy 75-minute show featuring songs, dances, stories, and scenes, created by our cast and a variety of artists. The production was under the direction of Rory McGregor and choreographed by Dani Tucci-Juraga with music direction by Kyle Duke. The creative team included Tom Watson (Set Design), Sarah Schmoyer (Lighting Supervisor), Josh Moss (Costume Supervisor) and Ryan Walsh (Sound Supervisor). Alexandra Kostis was production stage manager.
ABOUT THE PLAYHOUSE YOUTH COMPANY 2021 PRODUCTION Dream Awake
An original piece by the Playhouse Youth Company
Performances begin Thursday, July 22
Through Sunday, July 25, 2021 only!
Performances daily at 2:00 and 6:30 pm
BCP’s 2021 Youth Company presents, Dream Awake, a high energy 75-minute show featuring songs, dances, stories, and scenes, created by our cast and a variety of artists. Come celebrate these young performers and experience a creative exploration of past, present, and future dreams and the exhilarating discoveries to be made when finally awake.
Purchase four (4) or more tickets and save 20%. Use code DREAM at checkout.
Director: Rory McGregor
Choreographer: Dani Tucci-Juraga
Music Director: Kyle Duke
Set Designer: Tom Watson
Lighting Supervisor: Sarah Schmoyer
Wardrobe Supervisor: Josh Moss
Sound Supervisor: Ryan Walsh
Production Stage Manager: Alexandra Kostis
Assistant Stage Manager: Robert Reiser
Dance Captain: Serenity Boffa
Serenity Boffa (Langhorne, PA – Neshaminy High School)
Kailey Bredeson (Milford, NJ – Delaware Valley High School)
Hannah Chieffo (Churchville, PA – Holland Middle School)
Olivia Davis-Eagan (Doylestown, PA – Central Bucks West High School)
Lexi Healy (New Hope, PA – New Hope Solebury Middle School)
Jessica Holliday (Annandale, NJ – North Hunterton High School)
Makayla McClintic (Jamison, PA – Central Bucks South High School)
Maya Micsion (Washington Crossing, PA – Council Rock North High School)
Adele Ricci (Frenchtown, NJ – River Valley Waldorf School)
Maeve Sheehan (Doylestown, PA – New Hope Solebury High School)
Cassidy Summerville (Levittown, PA – Harry S. Truman High School).
Kyle Duke, Keyboard / Conductor
Vinny Angeline, Bass
Brendan Adames, Drums
Jake Noble, Guitar
The 2021 Playhouse Youth Company is sponsored by:
Gayle Goodman & Jim Searing
Sally & Harlan Weisman